On Remembrance Sunday, the Poppy Run is music and performances, an 8K hill run, a 4K cross country run, and a 4k fun walk in Stanley Park forest, open to all, which aims to raise funds and awareness for those who gave, for today's peace and freedom, and for a better tomorrow.
|Thanks to our Facebook fans. Every share on our Facebook photo gives a cup of hot chocolate to our runners and walkers. Please visit our Facebook page and share the photo.|
- 8K Hill Run
- Run as challengers, soldiers, sailors, airmen...
- Challenge weather.
- Challenge the terrain, run uphills, downhills and trails.
- 4K Cross Country
- Less Challenge
- But you still need to run!
- 4K Fun Walk
- Jog it, walk it or even, crawl it!
- How you do it is not important as long as you do it!
- Runners must pick up race packet to participate.
- Walkers do not need to pick up, but must wear a poppy flower to be qualified for participation.
Runners' Packet Pickup
Please bring one
of the following:
- a piece of photo ID to packet pickup.
- a printout of your registration email confirmation OR
a printout of your
sign in page
- If you live in the Greater Vancouver or Lower Mainland area, you must come to the Denman Running Room to pick up your race kit before race night.
- Saturday, November 9 from 10:00 am – 3:00pm
- Address (17 minute walk from Burrard SkyTrain Station along Georgia St):
679 Denman St, Vancouver, BC, V6G 2L3
Picking Up For a Friend
If you have someone picking up your packet for you they will require:
- a printout of your email confirmation or your sign in page
- and a one-liner that states this person has permission to pick up your kit for you.
Run Day Packet Pickup
Race site packet pick up on the day of the race is for out of town athletes or by special request only. Please email us at info@PoppyRun.com to make a request.
You only have to pick up your Bib Number at packet-pick-up/registration. If you don't have the Bib Number, you result will not be timed.
- Wear your Bib Number on your chest/abdomen using safety pins. Do not wear on your back, side, leg or arm.
- Lumberman's Arch Concession near the Start and Finish line.
- Please check your bag early and leave yourself time to warm up and move to the starting line.
- In case of rain, runners will also receive a rain poncho.
Lumberman's Arch, Stanley Park
3301 Stanley Park Dr, Vancouver, BC V6G 3E2
5 minute walk from Stanley Park Bus Station (Bus Route 19)
The route leads you into the deep forest, and is designed in such a way to include a wider variety of terrain, pass through woodlands, open country and lakes, and include hills, flat ground and gravel road challenges. Route is subject to minor changes.
After the finish, participants are invited to come into the recreation area and enjoy some fabulous snacks, beverages and coffee, live entertainment, and the awards show..
- No baby joggers or strollers are permitted in the event.
- Slower runners and walkers are asked to start at the back of the event.
- If you cannot finish the 8K, you can take a shortcut and quit at 4K, but your result will not be timed.
Three water stations are located on route and highlighted in yellow dots on course map. Water and Gatorade will be served at each station as well as Start and Finish lines.
Public washroom is located at the Start and Finish Areas. There is also public washroom at Lost Lagoon on the route.
- Medical staffs and station will be located at the Start/Finish Area and near the cross over bridge near Stanley Park Causeway.
- If you need medical assistance along the course, please stop at the closest Aid Station.
- In the event that you need to drop out of the event, please inform the medical team or the closest Aid Station.
Sunday Nov 10, 2013
|8:00 AM||Bag check opens|
|9:15 AM||Remembrance Day two minutes of silence|
|9:20 AM||National anthem|
|9:30 AM||Group 1: 8K run starts|
|9:45 AM||Group 2: 4K run starts|
|9:50 AM||Group 3: walk starts|
|11:30 PM||Awards Ceremony on stage at Finish Area|
|12:00 PM||Course closes|
|01:00 PM||Bag check closes|
Please check and make sure to bring these items to the event.
- Extra cloths and pants to stay warm and dry in case of rain. Our bag check station and change room are ready for you.
- Wear the Bib Number. It's inside runner's packet.
- Proper running shoes.
- Do not bring any valuables.
- You must wear a poppy flower to participate.
- Proper walking shoes.
- Do not bring any valuables.
TransLink connections from downtown Vancouver include the bus #19. For more information on TransLink connections, please phone 604-953-3333 or visit their website at www.translink.ca
Lumberman's Arch parking will be reserved for event vehicles. The nearest parking lots include Vancouver Aquarium, Info Centre, Central Parking-West and Miniature Railway-Entrance. Pay parking is in effect year-round.
Music and refreshments be on site in the entertainment area in the Lumberman's Arch water park, providing entertainment to participants and spectators.
Awards will be presented at the main stage at 11:30 am.
Finisher photos supplied by Marathon Photos www.marathon-photos.com
- Proximity to public transit reduce single occupancy vehicle trips
- Food left after the event is donated to local food banks
- All discarded clothing from Start Area is collected and donated to shelter programs
- Water conservation methods are used on course
- All food is purchased locally and over 50% of food is locally produced